Hi Friends! I think this may be the start of a Mexican recipe series! I love making this cumin lime corn as a side dish for meals. It’s a flavourful way to get in your veggies. I love to eat this corn with tacos, inside quesadillas, or with a side of spicy shrimp!
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE
I love making this cumin lime corn side dish for so many meals! It’s easy and super tasty. The flavour of the cumin comes through in this dish and is a perfect side dish to your Mexican meal. You can make it with any type of canned corn you like! I like to use whole kernel corn.
TIPS ON HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Make sure that you drain the corn as much as possible. You want to remove the water so that you can get the corn charred
- If you want to make this recipe a bit spicier then add 1/4 tsp of paprika, cayenne pepper or red chilli powder
- This recipe can also be used on cob of the corn! Mix the spices together in a bowl and rub onto your barbecued corn with a piece of lime
OTHER RECIPES TO TRY IF YOU LOVED THIS ONE
If you tried this recipe from Nadina’s Kitchen, comment below and follow us on social media for more delicious recipes on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest!
Cumin Lime Corn
- 1 can whole kernel corn
- 1 tbsp olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1 tbsp cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 lime
- Open and drain your can of corn into a strainer so you can remove all the water
- Heat olive oil in a pan on medium heat
- Add corn to the pan and start fry
- This will take a few minutes, but you want to see the corn starting to turn brown/cripsy
- Add cumin, salt and pepper and mix well coating all the corn
- One the corn is starting to brown and coated with the mixture, squeeze the lime juice over the corn
- Remove from heat and enjoy!
[…] Mexican Cumin Lime Corn […]
[…] Cumin Lime Corn […]