Hi Friends! I think this may be the start of a Mexican recipe series! I love making this cumin lime corn as a side dish for meals. It’s a flavourful way to get in your veggies. I love to eat this corn with tacos, inside quesadillas, or with a side of spicy shrimp!
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE
I love making this cumin lime corn side dish for so many meals! It’s easy and super tasty. The flavour of the cumin comes through in this dish and is a perfect side dish to your Mexican meal. You can make it with any type of canned corn you like! I like to use whole kernel corn.
TIPS ON HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Make sure that you drain the corn as much as possible. You want to remove the water so that you can get the corn charred
- If you want to make this recipe a bit spicier then add 1/4 tsp of paprika, cayenne pepper or red chilli powder
- This recipe can also be used on cob of the corn! Mix the spices together in a bowl and rub onto your barbecued corn with a piece of lime
OTHER RECIPES TO TRY IF YOU LOVED THIS ONE
Cumin Lime Corn
- 1 can whole kernel corn
- 1 tbsp olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1 tbsp cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 lime
- Open and drain your can of corn into a strainer so you can remove all the water
- Heat olive oil in a pan on medium heat
- Add corn to the pan and start fry
- This will take a few minutes, but you want to see the corn starting to turn brown/cripsy
- Add cumin, salt and pepper and mix well coating all the corn
- One the corn is starting to brown and coated with the mixture, squeeze the lime juice over the corn
- Remove from heat and enjoy!