Hi Friends! I hope you are all doing well today. I am bringing to you today an easy recipe that you can try at home this week. Greek Lemon Dill Rice! You can make it with some basic staple ingredients that you already have in your pantry! This is the second recipe in my “Greek” series, as I am still craving Greek food while social distancing!
I like this greek rice because of the lemon and dill tang. It really adds flavour and goes well with potatoes, salad, chicken and falafel! Although this is a greek recipe, you can have it with your favourite mains!
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE
This is a different take on your typical plain rice! The spices cooked in with this rice add so much flavour. This Greek Lemon Rice has mixed flavours of lemon, dill and oregano. It goes well with any dish, but especially with the Greek dish series I’ve got going on my blog!
TIPS ON HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Use fresh dill towards the end of your recipe when you are adding the last 1/2 cup of water in.
- Top your rice with more fresh dill and lemon slices!
- Add lemon wedges to the side of your dish to sprinkle over the rice and the rest of the Greek meal!
- If you aren’t a fan dill, use parley instead!
- I use white rice for this recipe but if you are using brown rice, you will need to cook it longer. Keep checking it and stirring to ensure that it has cooked.
- Spices to use:
- Parsley (optional)
- If you really want to make your dish flavourful add some feta cheese before serving on top!
OTHER RECIPES TO TRY IF YOU LOVED THIS ONE
If you tried this recipe from Nadina’s Kitchen, comment below and follow us on social media for more delicious recipes on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest!
Greek Lemon Dill Rice
- 1 ½ cups white rice
- 1 onion
- 3 tbsp olive oil (Extra Virgin)
- 3 tbsp minced/chopped garlic
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tbsp fresh dill
- In a large pot, heat the the olive oil
- Chop the onion and add to the oil, saute until translucent
- Next add the garlic and mix with the onion for 1 min until fragrant
- Next add the rice and the vegetable stock, ½ cup of water and all the dried seasonings
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer for 12 minutes, or until the rice has cooked
- Ensure to stir frequently and when the water has evaporated add another 1/2 cup of water
- At this point add the fresh dill so that the flavour mixes into the rice
- Taste your rice and add more salt or lemon if needed
[…] Greek Lemon Dill Rice […]