This coconut beet soup is a delicious way to get in your veggies! Beets are packed with nutrients but often are not everyone’s choice of vegetable! Hiding it into this fun pink flavourful soup is a great way to get your kids and family members eating their veggies.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE
I think that this recipe is one to love because it’s packed with nutrients. Also, it’s a dreamy pink colour!
TIPS ON HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- You can use frozen peeled beets if you don’t want to prepare and cook fresh beets!
OTHER RECIPES TO TRY IF YOU LOVED THIS ONE
Coconut Beet Soup
- 1 Tsp of Avocado Oil
- 1 onion diced
- 1 TBSP of minced ginger
- 2 TSP of chopped garlic
- 5 cups of water
- 1 TSP of organic vegetable bouillon
- 4 cooked beets chopped into quarters
- 1/2 can of coconut milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot heat your avocado oil
- Add the onion and sauté for 5 mins
- Add the ginger and garlic cooking for another 5 mins. Stir often
- Add the water and bouillon bringing the soup to a boil
- Bring your soup to a boil for 5 minutes, add in the beets and then simmer for 20 minutes
- Add the coconut milk, salt and pepper
- Remove soup from heat and blend using an immersion blender. Blend until you see the soup getting a thick texture and you have blended all the beet pieces
- Serve with your favourite toppings like cilantro, basil or coconut milk