This Dairy-Free Mushroom Cream Sauce is the milk-free sauce your pasta and chicken have been waiting for! All the flavour and no dairy! Coconut cream has become my new best friend. I find that we are using it in a lot of our recipes as an alternative to dairy! Hope you enjoy this recipe! You can use it on top of pastas, chicken etc.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE
This Dairy-Free Mushroom Cream Sauce is a great recipe to put on top of your pasta, tofu and meat dishes. It uses coconut cream, so I suggest just having a few cans in the fridge, it really helps for when you want to make a recipe!
TIPS ON HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Use your favourite mushroom, but I like to use cremini or white mushrooms
- Adjust the spices to fit your meal! You can add Italian spices or hot peppers to fit your pasta or chicken dish
OTHER RECIPES TO TRY IF YOU LOVED THIS ONE
Dairy-Free Mushroom Cream Sauce
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 227 g of mushrooms
- 1 tsp of chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp of fresh chopped green onion
- 1 can of refrigerated coconut milk
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp of salt
- Heat 1 tsp of olive oil in a frying pan and cook mushrooms until they have all gotten smaller. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan heat 1 tsp of olive oil
- Add chopped green onions and garlic stirring until garlic starts browning
- Add coconut cream from can (scoop it off the top) into the saucepan, mixing well with onions and garlic
- Let cream heat to a boil, making sure you are stirring frequently
- Bring heat down to simmer and add garlic powder, black pepper and salt
- Cook cream for 5 more minutes, stirring well until everything is mixed
- Depending on how much you like garlic, feel free to add more or less to this recipe!