This is my Mama’s recipe! And an amazing one at that! She would make this hearty ground tofu chili for us when the Super Bowl was on (although in a house with 3 girls we never watched it)! I hope you enjoy this hearty meal recipe! It can be served over rice, but I enjoy it over zoodles or just as it is! Although this recipe is made with tofu you cannot tell that it is meatless! The ground tofu that I use from Yves, has a great texture it replicates meat in this recipe really well.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE
This ground tofu chili recipe is so hearty and full of nutrients. The added red and black beans give this dish so much fiber! This recipe is also really popular around Super Bowl or football Sundays when you are looking for a meatless dish.
TIPS ON HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Load in the beans! I use red kidney and black beans in this recipe, but add in your favourite beans!
- I like to use the flavoured veggie ground like Italian or Mexican because it already has flavour to the tofu
OTHER RECIPES TO TRY IF YOU LOVED THIS ONE
If you tried this recipe from Nadina’s Kitchen, comment below and follow us on social media for more delicious recipes on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest!
Ground Tofu Chili
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 tbsp of chopped garlic
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 1 Pkg Yves Vegan Veggie Ground
- 3 stalks of chopped celery
- 1 can of kidney beans
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- salt to taste
- Sauté chopped onion and garlic in the olive oil in a large pot
- Add chopped celery and allow it cook for 5 mins in a onion and garlic
- Empty the contents of the Yves Vegan Veggie Ground into the pot and break apart ground tofu
- Sauté the ground tofu for 10 mins, turning frequently making sure that all the clumps are apart
- Rinse your kidney and black beans in cold water after opening the cans
- Add the cans of kidney beans, black beans, and diced tomatoes (with all the liquid) to the pot
- Add 1 tsp of salt or more/less to taste
- Cover pot and cook for 15 mins making sure you are stirring frequently
[…] Ground Tofu Chili […]