Strawberry Shortcake is one of my favourite desserts! So, I’ve taken a healthy spin on it by making it dairy-free, gluten-free and a tasty frozen dessert! This Dairy-Free Strawberry Shortcake is a cold dessert, but so delicious! I love this have this one on hot summer days when you need a chilly treat to cool down with. Made with coconut milk, this recipe is sweet and creamy but without dairy!
To add some colour to this recipe, I grated strawberries and added them to the top! I love this recipe so much, I think next time I will try it with some other berries!
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE
One of the reasons you will love this Dairy-Free Strawberry Shortcake dessert is for the tasty crust! The almond flour and honey are a great combination for a sweet crust that you can use for many recipes! If you like to have ice cream, you will also love this recipe! It has a frosty top made with coconut milk and a sweet honey base.
TIPS ON HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Chill cans of coconut milk for at least 4 hours to get the coconut cream to the top of the can
- This dessert is hard once it comes out of the freezer. Let it thaw out for a few minutes before enjoying, but don’t let it melt!
- Decorate it with shaved frozen strawberries or whole strawberries to add colour to your dessert
OTHER RECIPES TO TRY IF YOU LOVED THIS ONE
If you tried this recipe from Nadina’s Kitchen, comment below and follow us on social media for more delicious recipes on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest!
Dairy-Free Strawberry Shortcake
- 3/4 cup of almond flour
- 3 tbsp of coconut oil
- 3 tbsp of honey
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- 1/8 tsp of salt
- 2 cans of 400g chilled full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 7 frozen whole strawberries
- Line an 8-inch pan with parchment paper. This will make it easier to remove the squares. Leave a bit of parchment paper over the edges.
- To make the crust, combine the almond flour, coconut oil, 3 tbsp of honey, cinnamon, vanilla powder and salt in a bowl. Mix well with a spatula and spread thinly in the lined pan
- To make the filling spoon the coconut cream off the top of the can into a bowl.
- With a hand or stand blender, mix the coconut cream for 2 minutes until it is creamy
- Add honey and mix with blender for 2 more minutes
- Pour the filling over the crust and press the 6 whole strawberries into the filling
- Smooth out with a spatula covering the whole strawberries with the coconut cream mixture
- Grate the extra strawberry to get the strawberry topping over the filling
- Freeze overnight or for at least 3 hours!
- When you remove from the freezer the next day. Heat up knife by running it under hot water, this will help to cut the frozen dessert into squares
- Chill cans for at least 4 hours to get the coconut cream to the top of the can
- Dessert is hard once it comes out of the freezer. Let it thaw out for a few minutes before enjoying, but don’t let it melt!
What great choices! I just love Summer eating!
Thank you! Me too! And now that the weather is getting warmer these recipes are perfect!