Cold winter days in Toronto call for some warm Roasted Kabocha Squash and Ginger Soup! I roasted this Kabocha Squash and made it into a comforting bowl of soup! I hope that you try this delicious recipe with your favourite squash!
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE
Roasted Kabocha Squash and Ginger Soup is a very nutritious recipe! You can also swap the Kabocha Squash for any other type of pumpkin or squash.
TIPS ON HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- You can also use a Vitamix to blend this soup, if you don’t have an immersion blender. Just be careful that the soup isn’t too hot
OTHER RECIPES TO TRY IF YOU LOVED THIS ONE
If you tried this recipe from Nadina’s Kitchen, comment below and follow us on social media for more delicious recipes on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest!
Roasted Kabocha Squash and Ginger Soup
Servings: 4 Servings
- 1 Kabocha Squash
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 1 TBSP of Avocado Oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 cup of chopped celery
- 1 TBSP of minced garlic
- 1 tsp of ginger
- 4 cups of vegetable stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Cut squash in half and remove the guts and seeds
- Drizzle olive oil and salt over the pieces
- Lay the halves facedown onto the baking sheet and bake for 30-40 minutes. Check to make sure that the squash pieces are soft when you remove it from the oven
- Scoop out the insides of your squash and set aside in a bowl
- In a large pot heat your avocado oil
- Add the onion, celery and garlic stirring until the onions and garlic are starting to brown a little
- Add the ginger, vegetable stock and roasted squash. Stir often.
- Bring your soup to a boil for 5 minutes, and then simmer for 20 minutes
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Remove soup from heat and blend using an immersion blender. Blend until you see the soup getting a thick texture
- Serve with your favourite toppings like cilantro, basil or coconut milk