Happy Valentines Day! This year as my husband and I are on the elimination diet, I sadly could not make chocolate covered strawberries. Instead, I have come up with a recipe to make coconut covered strawberries! Now, this isn’t just coconut sprinkled over my strawberries…this is a recipe to make a coconut dip that can be turned into bars, balls and fudge. I am excited to try it out on a few different things, so stay tuned for more recipes!
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE
This recipe is a great way to indulge in some chocolate covered strawberries without the chocolate! I know there are some people out there that don’t like chocolate (we still love you!). So try this recipe for your next romantic dinner!
TIPS ON HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Keep strawberries in the fridge until serving to keep coconut mixture hard like white chocolate. These are also really tasty served cool!
- If you find that the mixture is not thick enough after blending you can add either more coconut butter or 1/4 cup of shredded coconut to thicken.
OTHER RECIPES TO TRY IF YOU LOVED THIS ONE
Coconut Covered Strawberries
- Wash and dry strawberries, leaving the green stem on. Make sure there is no water left
- In a food processor blend coconut butter, coconut oil, honey, vanilla powder, and salt until completely blended and has a thick consistency
- Dip strawberries into coconut mixture and place on parchment paper
- Sprinkle with shredded coconut
- Place strawberries in the fridge for at least an hour until coconut mixture has hardened
- If you mixture is not thick enough after blending you can add either more coconut butter or 1/4 cup of shredded coconut to thicken.
- Keep strawberries in fridge until serving to keep coconut mixture hard like white chocolate