Dairy free! Gluten Free! These dairy-free lime bars are a frozen dessert for those hot summer days! I love working with coconut cream instead of dairy products. This tangy dessert is delicious to cool down with.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE
The crust on this dessert is to die for! The tangy lime and the crust just make a perfect combination, you will want more Dairy-Free Lime Bars!
TIPS ON HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- Chill cans for at least 4 hours to get the coconut cream to the top of the can Dessert is hard once it comes out of the freezer.
- Let it thaw out for a few minutes before enjoying, but don’t let it melt!
OTHER RECIPES TO TRY IF YOU LOVED THIS ONE
Dairy-Free Lime Bars
- 3/4 cup of almond flour
- 3 tbsp of coconut oil
- 3 tbsp of honey
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp of salt
- 2 cans of 400g chilled full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup of lime juice
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1 lime
- Line an 8-inch pan with parchment paper. This will make it easier to remove the squares. Leave a bit of parchment paper over the edges.
- To make the crust, combine the almond flour, coconut oil, 3 tbsp of honey, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a bowl. Mix well with a spatula and spread thinly in the lined pan
- To make the filling spoon the coconut cream off the top of the can into a bowl.
- With a hand or stand blender, mix the coconut cream for 2 minutes until it is creamy
- Add lime juice and honey and mix with blender for 2 more minutes
- Pour the filling over the crust and smooth out with a spatula
- Grate a lime to get the zest over the filling as the topping (or top with lime slices later!)
- Freeze overnight!
- When you remove from the freezer the next day. Heat up knife by running it under hot water, this will help to cut the frozen dessert into squares
- Chill cans for at least 4 hours to get the coconut cream to the top of the can
- Dessert is hard once it comes out of the freezer. Let it thaw out for a few minutes before enjoying, but don’t let it melt!